Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm Not Usually Jealous But...

By my own nature I am not a jealous person.If anything, I'd be the opposite.In fact, one thing I love is weight loss testimonials because it gives me hope that someday it could be me.When others succeed, I'm happy for them.When they acquire nice things, I'm happy.Others succeeding and aquiring tends to inspire me.For if it can happen to them, it can happen I just don't do jealous.
Except for this one big thing.
Two weeks ago, we took the boys to Fota Island Wildlife Park and it was there that I first laid eyes on a scimitar horned oryx (see accompanying pic).I was perfectly all right-living happily in a jealous free zone- until he leaned his head back and used his horns to scratch his back.
Instantly, I was consumed with jealousy.For I've had this itch in the most unreachable part of my back for a long time- and I can never quite get to it.I've used doors, corners, the letter opener, pointy ends on anything, etc.In fact Daniel walked in on me one day using the letter opener to reach the middle of my back and commented, "If you need to use that to scratch your back then you should see a doctor." He's eight and he may have a point.
But I thought if I had a pair of horns on my head like that I might just be able to get that itch scratched properly.
Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment