Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Toolbox Tuesday

Out of today's toolbox, I've pulled a top ten list. The object is to make two separate lists, the first being the top ten reasons it is so painful to be overweight. The second list is the reasons it's so important to you personally to get to your ideal weight. Years ago, as an exercise, I listed all the reasons why I hated being fat and came up with a list of almost 150! I'll spare you that list and pare it down to 10.
10 Reasons Why it Is Painful for Me to Be Overweight:

1) Knees are shot. Unable to kneel or put any pressure on them whatsoever.
2) Chairs. Everywhere I go from the movies to a restaurant I have to be fully conscious of what type of chair I'm going to sit in. I'm vigilant about this all the time.
3)The Aquadome and any other water park. More than anything I would love to take the boys to a water park. But that would involve a bathing suit.
4)At first glance, everyone knows what your addiction is.
5)Clothes: nothing looks right and nothing fits right.
6) SOB. Shortness of breath with just about anything: climbing the stairs, trying to tie one's shoe or just rolling over in bed.
7) The inevitable comments that my boys will have to endure.
8) Always being the biggest person anywhere- so you always stand out.
9) The direct relationship between weight gain and letting yourself go.
10) How it affects every area of your life.


10 Personal Reasons for Getting to My Ideal Weight:


1) To gain self- confidence, self-esteem and self-respect.
2) Not only to be healthy but to feel healthy.
3) To wear a 4 inch pair of high heels without leaning over like the Tower of Pisa
4) To wear a pair of jeans.
5) To play tennis.
6) To be able to kneel or sit down on a floor and get up with no trouble.
7) To chase my boys around the yard, to take windsurfing lessons with them, to go tobogganing with them, etc.
8) To fit into any chair comfortably.
9) To put on a bathing suit and not be mortified.
10) To be able to look into a mirror and be proud of what I see.
I don't know about you, but I'm taping these lists to my refrigerator.


1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you Michele and enjoying the blogs. I told the girls at work about the four themes of Paul McKenna's book, so thanks. It feels like the only sound approach to weight management, so keep up the good work. Bye the bye, love your picture on Novelista, you rock star!

    ReplyDelete