Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Toolbox Tuesday


The tool today is one that is used in conjunction with all the other tools. In other words, without this tool, the other tools don't work. Namely, application. The verb form- 'apply', as stated in my trusty Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary is 'to bring into action.' I really like that. That definition is concise.

None of these tools are any good if we don't use them. And I'd have to be the first to raise my hand and say I'm guilty of that. One look at my bookshelves with all the various self-help and diet books and then a quick glance at my body will tell you that I'm reading alot but I'm not applying what I know. And that's the problem. I know too much and use too little.

Time to change all that.

It takes 21 days to develop a habit, good or bad. If you do something, every day for 21 days, voila! you've just gotten yourself a brand new habit. So when using a new tool- whether it's visualizing, being grateful or whatever you need at this moment in your life, try to do it for 21 days and see what happens. And before you know it, you're doing it on the 22nd day and the 23rd day, etc. Having said that, I think it's best to do one thing at a time. No sense in overloading the senses.

Right now, I'm working on breaking my very bad habit to eating chocolate everyday. I'm on day 5 with no chocolate. It hasn't been as bad as I thought but I know there will come a time when I'm going to crave it or just want it. And I better be prepared for when that happens. But that's what I'm working on right now.

It's time to put my money where my mouth is and make the effort.

On Thursday, I will go for my first weigh in at Unislim and those results will be the post on Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Michele - I just wish I had the willpower to reach a 7 day goal. I am such a flake. You, however, are an inspiration.
    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete